Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. in Universal City Walk Orlando
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. is located right at the entrance of Universal CityWalk Orlando (when you are coming from the Universal parking garage or the bus and taxi drop-off area).
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant Description
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. is a chain seafood restaurant inspired by the Forrest Gump movie. The Orlando location in CityWalk features a restaurant and a market. The restaurant has movie themed dishes like Mama Blue's Shrimp Gumbo and Jenny's Catch of the Day. The market sells Gump themed merchandise and souvenirs. If you're a Forrest Gump fan, you'll love the décor, which includes lots of movie memorabilia. The servers also get in on the fun by challenging diners with movie trivia (they know a lot about Forrest, so get ready to be stumped). You can call your server over to your table any time with a nifty sign that says Stop Forrest Stop.
Dining at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. specializes in seafood. You can order plenty of shrimp dishes along with fish and crab legs. If you don't like seafood, you'll find other fare like burgers, chicken, steak, and ribs on the menu. The prices on entrees range from about $10 all the way up to $30. After dinner, you can indulge in one or more desserts, including Mama's Best Strawberry Shortcake and Mamas Bread Pudding.
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. also has a gluten free menu with a few different menu choices, including salads and a shrimp cocktail appetizer as well as entrees like a salmon and veggie skillet and shrimp and veggie skewers. The Bubba Gump kids menu has meal deals that come with an entrée, side, drink, and Jello. Child-sized entrée options include fish sticks, popcorn shrimp, ribs, chicken strips, cheeseburgers, pizza, mini corn dogs, and grilled cheese. Kids meals cost about $9.
For a seafood restaurant, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. has quite a few drinks. You can get hand-shaken margaritas, mojitos, hard lemonades, and spiked punches and iced teas. Non-alcoholic drinks include frozen slushy drinks, speckled lemonades, and smoothies. Some of the drinks from both menus are served in souvenir glasses. Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. is also one of the few places in Universal Orlando where you can get Pepsi products.
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Menu With Prices
- Mama Gump’s Garlic Bread Basket: $5.29
- Best Ever Popcorn Shrimp (Popcorn Shrimp plus Pepperoncini, Roasted Red Bell Peppers and Dippin’ Sauces): $9.79
- Traditional Shrimp Cocktail (Classic Jumbo Shrimp served with Bubba’s own Zesty Homemade Cocktail Sauce): $13.59
- Run Across America Sampler (Bubba’s Far Out Dip and Chips, Chilled Peel ‘n’ Eat Shrimp, Spicy Chicken Strips, Seafood Hush Pups and Mama Blue’s Fried Shrimp): $16.29
- Seafood Hush Pups (Hand rolled tasty Shrimp and Fish with golden Corn, deep fried and served with a Remoulade Dippin’ Sauce): $9.79
- Shrimp Shack Mac & Cheese (Noodles mixed with Sautéed Shrimp, Cheddar, Monterey Jack and Parmesan Cheese. Topped with golden brown Breadcrumbs): $10.49
- Shrimper’s Net Catch (Peel ‘n’ Eat Shrimp steamed in Beer. Choose from Bubba’s Garlic Spice or Secret Recipe Cajun Spice): $13.89
- Cajun Shrimp (Sautéed in a hot and spicy Cajun Butter Sauce. Served with Garlic Bread for dippin’): $11.29
- Frizzled Onion Strings (Hand breaded Frizzled Onions, fried to golden brown, served with Dippin’ Sauces): $8.79
- Bubba’s Far Out Dip (Spinach, Roasted Red Bell Peppers, Artichokes and Monterey Jack Cheese with homemade Tortilla Chips): $9.49 With Tender Shrimp: $10.99
- Calamari (Deep Fried Calamari, Roasted Red Bell Peppers and Pepperoncini. Served with Dippin’ Sauces): $9.99
- Mama Blue’s Shrimp Gumbo (Select Fish, Andouille Sausage, Okra, Shrimp and Jasmine Rice): Cup $5.99 / Bowl $7.99
- Old Fashioned New England Clam Chowder (Rich and creamy, filled with tender Clams and Potatoes): Cup $5.99 / Bowl $7.99
- Classic Caesar Salad (Fresh grated Parmesan and Croutons): $10.29 Add Grilled Chicken for $2.99 Add Cajun Shrimp for $3.99
- Pear & Berry Salad (Fresh Greens with Charbroiled Chicken, Strawberries, Pears, and Glazed Pecans. Tossed with Raspberry Vinaigrette, and top it with Feta Cheese): $13.99 Substitute Shrimp for $1.30 more
- Soup & Salad Combo (Gumbo or Clam Chowder with Caesar or House Salad): $10.99
- Shrimp Po’ Boy (Fresh Toasted Baguette stuffed with warm, hand breaded Shrimp, Tomatoes, Lettuce, Pickles and Mayo; Served with Fries): $13.29
- Dixie Fishwich (Your choice of a Southern Fried or Charbroiled Fish Sandwich with Louisiana Special Sauce and Pepper Jack Cheese. Served with Fries): $12.99
- Texas Cajun Chicken Sandwich (Cajun Grilled Chicken Breast, crisp Bacon, Pepper Jack Cheese, fresh Guacamole and our signature Chili Ancho Mayo on a Toasted Bun with Fries): $12.79
- All-American Burgers & Fries: $11.49 Make it a Cheeseburger for $1.00 more. Make it a BBQ Burger topped with Frizzled Onions for $2.00 more.
- Mama Blue’s Southern Charmed Fried Shrimp (With hot and crispy Fries and Cocktail Sauce for dippin’): $18.99
- "I’m Stuffed!" Shrimp (Large Shrimp with Crab Stuffing, baked in Garlic Butter, and topped with Monterey Jack Cheese. Served with Jasmine Rice): $19.49
- Dumb Luck Coconut Shrimp (Served with Cajun Marmalade and Fries): $19.59
- "...Of Course We Have Scampi!" (Tender Shrimp sautéed with Capers in Lemon Garlic Butter, served over a bed of Linguine): $18.99
- Shrimp New Orleans (Lots of tender Shrimp broiled with Butter, Garlic and Spices, and served with Jasmine Rice): $18.99
- Accidental Fish & Shrimp (Broiled Mahi Mahi over a bed of Jasmine Rice, topped with Grilled Shrimp, a Lemon Butter Sauce and Roma Tomatoes): $20.39
- Steamed Shellfish (Steamed Mussels, Clams, Snow Crab, Lobster Claw and Shrimp. Served with Jasmine Rice and a side of Mama’s best Garlic Bread): Market If you are looking for more, try our even bigger portion: Market
- Lt. Dan’s Drunken Shrimp (Large Chargrilled Shrimp and Andouille Sausage with Mashed Potatoes and Bourbon Sauce): $18.69
- Shrimp & Veggie Skewers (Large Shrimp, skewered with fresh Red Bell Peppers, Red Onion, Yellow Squash and Zucchini, chargrilled and served with Jasmine Rice and a Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce): $18.79
- Jenny’s Catch with Lobster Butter Sauce (Pan Seared Tilapia laid over Mashed Potatoes with Sautéed Spinach and a creamy Lobster Butter Sauce made from scratch): $19.99
- Salmon & Veggie Skillet (Grilled Salmon and fresh Vegetables with a bit of Garlic Herb Butter and Capers, served over Jasmine Rice): $20.49
- Bourbon Street Mahi Mahi (Charbroiled Cajun spiced Mahi Mahi with Bourbon Sauce and Grilled Shrimp, served over Mashed Potatoes): $20.39
- Grilled Seafood Trio (Shrimp & Veggie Skewer, Shrimp New Orleans and our Bourbon Street Mahi Mahi): $23.99
- Steamed Crab Legs (One pound of Snow Crab Legs steamed in Garlic and Herbs and served with Drawn Butter and Jasmine Rice): Market
- Net Catch Entrée (Beer steamed Peel ‘n’ Eat Shrimp, along with Carrots, Celery, Corn, Potatoes and Andouille Sausage all steamed and tossed with Garlic Spice or our Secret Cajun Spice recipe): $22.49
- Captain’s Fish & Chips (Traditional Beer battered): $16.29 Even bigger portion for an additional $5.00
- Mama’s Southern Fried Chicken (Boneless Breast of Chicken, fresh golden Corn and Mashed Potatoes with Gravy): $17.89
- Jambalaya (Blackened Chicken, Shrimp and Andouille Sausage, sautéed with Bell Pepper, Onions, and Rice in Bubba’s own Spicy Sauce. Topped with Tomatoes and Green Onions): $18.29
From the Grill
- Dixie Style Baby Back Ribs (Ribs brushed with our own homemade BBQ Sauce, slow roasted to perfection and served with Fries): $22.99
- Lt. Dan’s Surf & Turf (Dixie Style Baby Back Ribs, slow roasted to perfection along with succulent Grilled Shrimp and Fries): $24.99
- Certified Angus Top Sirloin (A tender 9 oz. USDA Certified Angus Top Sirloin served with Mashed Potatoes, Frizzled Onions and juicy sliced Tomato): $22.99
- Forrest’s Surf & Turf (9 oz. tender USDA Certified Angus Top Sirloin and succulent Grilled Shrimp, Mashed Potatoes and Frizzled Onions): $28.99
- Boat Size Bucket of Fries: $4.79
- Skewer of Shrimp: $5.99
- Mashed Potatoes: $3.29
- House or Caesar Salad: $5.99
- Steamed Broccoli: $3.29
- Best of the Best Sampler The Hook, Line and Sinker (Mama’s warm Bread Pudding, homemade Biscuit topped with fresh Strawberries and melt-in-your-mouth Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae): $13.99
- Mama’s Best Strawberry Shortcake (With Mama’s homemade Biscuits): $9.49 Single serving of Strawberry Shortcake: $7.49
- Alabama Brownie (Served warm with Vanilla Ice Cream, topped with a delicious Espresso Sauce and Whipped Cream): $8.99
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae (Fresh baked Chocolate Chip Cookie served warm with Vanilla Ice Cream, topped with Chocolate and Caramel Sauce, Peanuts and Whipped Cream): $9.69
- Key Lime Pie: $8.29
- Mama’s Bread Pudding: $8.79
Hand Shaken Margaritas
- Medal Margarita (Cazadores Blanco Tequila, Patrón Citrónge Orange Liqueur, sweet & sour and fresh squeezed lime juice): 22 oz. Colossal Size $11.99
- Pineapple Margarita (Sauza Blue Silver Tequila, fresh lime juice, Monin Pineapple Syrup and Dole Pineapple Juice) 22 oz. Colossal Size $11.49
- Patrón Top Shelf Margarita (Patrón Silver Tequila, Patrón Citrónge Orange Liqueur, sweet & sour and fresh squeezed lime juice) 22 oz. Colossal Size $13.99
- Coronarita (Our traditional margarita with a squeeze of fresh lime juice topped with a Coronita Extra) Also available watermelon flavored or tropical blue. The shaker goes home with you. $14.99
- Secret Mango Sparkler (Slipping some mango into lemonade with a splash of orange juice was Mama’s secret recipe): $4.99
- Frozen Lemon-Ups (Slushy-frozen sweetness — Choose Mango, Strawberry, Pink or Blue): $7.99
- Speckled Lemonades (Your choice — strawberries or blueberries): $3.99
- Fizzy Fun (Refreshing, sweet cherry lemonade with a twist): $7.99
- Benjamin Buford “Blue” berry Smoothie (Bubba loved blueberries and this smoothie is packed with them): $5.99
- Run Forrest Run Smoothie (Loaded with fresh oranges, bananas, strawberries and delicious nonfat raspberry yogurt): $5.29
- Jenny’s Favorite Smoothie (Strawberries, nonfat raspberry yogurt and Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice): $5.29
- Strawberry Basil Smash (Skyy Infusions Wild Strawberry Vodka, strawberries, fresh basil, sweet & sour and Sierra Mist): $9.49
- Louisiana Lemonades (Bacardi Limón Citrus Rum, Tropicana Lemonade with your choice of strawberries or blueberries): $12.99
- Starboard Sunrise (Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, DeKuyper Peachtree Schnapps and tropical fruit juices): $9.99
- Lt. Dan’s Pomegranate Punch (Malibu Coconut Rum, light rum and DeKuyper Pomegranate Liqueur): $12.99
- Bubba’s Blue Hawaiian (Vodka, Castillo Silver Rum, gin, DeKuyper Blue Curacao, and Dole Pineapple Juice topped with Sierra Mist): $8.99
- Alabama Southern Punch (Absolut Citron Vodka, Disaronno, Dole Pineapple Juice and Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice): $9.99
- Mama’s Mango Mojito (Cruzan Mango Rum, fresh mint & lime juice and Monin Mojito Syrup): $8.99
- Tennessee Iced Tea (Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, sweet & sour with a splash of Pepsi): $11.99
- Georgia Peach Iced Tea (Seagram’s Sweet Tea Vodka, gin, DeKuyper Peachtree Schnapps and Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice): $11.99
- Lava Flow (Made with Castillo Silver Rum, our creamy, tropical Piña Colada erupts with a strawberry swirl): $11.99
- Coco Cran Punch (Deep Eddy Cranberry Vodka, Malibu Coconut Rum, cream of coconut and a blend of tropical fruit juices): $9.99
- Glass Mountain Chardonnay: $7 Glass $27 Bottle
- Kendall-Jackson Chardonnay: $9.50 Glass $37 Bottle
- Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio: $7 Glass $27 Bottle
- Cupcake Sauvignon Blanc: $8 Glass $31 Bottle
- Barefoot Moscato: $7 Glass $27 Bottle
- Beringer White Zinfandel: $6 Glass $23 Bottle
- Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon: $7 Glass $27 Bottle
- Fetzer Merlot: $7 Glass $27 Bottle
- BV Pinot Noir: $8 Glass $31 Bottle
- A by Acacia Red Blend: $8 Glass $31 Bottle
- Beso Del Sol Red Sangria: $7 Glass
- LaMarca Prosecco: $10 Glass
*Menu prices updated March 2017
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Kid's Menu With Prices
All kid's meals are $8.49 and come with one entree, one side, jello, and a drink.
- Marinara Elbow Pasta
- Kraft Mac and Cheese
- Popcorn Shrimp
- Fish Sticks
- Grilled Cheese
- Mini Corn Dogs
- Chicken Strips
- Pizza (Cheese or Pepperoni)
- Ribs (Add $2 for this entree)
- French Fries
- Carrots and Celery
- Apple Sauce
- Soda (Pepsi products)
- Tropicana Lemonade
- White Milk
- Chocolate Milk
- ICEE (substitute an ICEE for a regular meal drink for $4.99)
- Speckled Strawberry Lemonade (substitute this for a regular meal drink for $0.99)
- Speckled Blueberry Lemonade (substitute this for a regular meal drink for $0.99)
- Secret Mango Sparkler (substitute this for a regular meal drink for $0.99)
- Fizzy Fun (substitute this for a regular meal drink for $0.99)
- Build Your Own Sundae (ingredient options include vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, Snickers pieces, Oreo cookie crumbs, sprinkles, whipped cream, and maraschino cherries)
*Menu prices updated January 2018
Shop Bubba Gump
The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. retail shop sells apparel, hats, drinkware, and Forrest Gump DVDs and CDs. You can also find a selection of food, including some of mama's sauces and boxes of chocolate. To get an idea of the type of merchandise you can find in the Orlando retail location, check out the Bubba Gump Shop online. This online shop is also a good place to get Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. gift cards before you go.
Getting Discounts at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Preferred Pass holders can save 10 percent on meals and merchandise at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant and Market by showing their annual pass. Premier Pass holders save 15 percent.
UO Fan Guide Tips
- Look for the bus stop bench from the Forrest Gump movie in front of the restaurant to take advantage of a great photo opp.
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. opens at 11:00 a.m. each day. We like to stop in right after they open so that we can get seated quickly and get a really fast lunch. (Note: This tip works for every restaurant in CityWalk; if you stop in right after they open, you'll never have to wait for a table.)
Review of Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. is a good place to eat even if you aren't crazy about the Forrest Gump movie. The restaurant has a large menu and the widest selection of fish and shrimp dishes on Universal Orlando property. Prices are on par with most of the other table service restaurants in CityWalk. If you do like Forrest Gump, this place is a can't miss. You'll find movie references at every table and on every wall in the restaurant. We highly recommend walking around a little after you have ordered your food so that you can really take it all in. The dining area is very large and is split into a series of smaller rooms, which means there is a new Forrest Gump discovery around every corner.
The food itself is pretty tasty. The menu is seafood heavy, but there are other options available as well. Some of the things we have tried include:
- Accidental Fish and Shrimp: This dish consists of broiled Mahi Mahi with grilled shrimp, roma tomatoes, and lemon butter sauce. The fish was light and flaky. The tomatoes were fresh. The shrimp was nicely seasoned and tasted really good in the lemon butter sauce. We would probably get this again.
- All American Burger: This 1/2 pound burger can be customized with add-ons like cheese, BBQ sauce, and frizzled onions. For a $1 more, you have the option of getting a patty made of grass-fed Angus beef from 44 farms. We have gotten two different versions of this burger and it tasted good both times. We would definitely get this again.
- Captain's Fish and Chips: This dish is on the Forrest's Favorites menu. It consists of beer-battered cod, French fries, coleslaw, and homemade tartar sauce. You get three large pieces of fish. For an extra $5.00, you can get an even bigger portion of fish, which would make this dish easily shareable. The batter was crisp, nicely seasoned, and really tasty. The coleslaw was also really good. We would definitely get this again.
- Hook, Line and Sinker: This is a best of the best dessert sampler platter featuring Mama's Warm Bread Pudding, Homemade Biscuits Topped with Fresh Strawberries, and a Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae. This dessert platter was absolutely divine and contained enough treats to share between two or more people. We would definitely get this again. If you don't go in to Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. for a meal, think about stopping in just for the decor and the Hook Line, and Sinker dessert platter.
The service has been good both times we visited Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Our food also came out fast and hot both times.
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Image Gallery
See pictures of the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. restaurant, food, and merchandise in this image gallery.
Map Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. is represented by the number 05 on this CityWalk map.