Cletus' Chicken Shack: Dining Guide
What Is Cletus' Chicken Shack?
Cletus' Chicken Shack is a quick service restaurant in the Springfield area of Universal Studios Florida. This restaurant is named after Cletus Spuckler, a good-natured redneck character on The Simpsons.
There is a building in Springfield with a Cletus' Chicken Shack sign, but this building is just a facade. Cletus' Chicken Shack must be accessed through the Krusty Burger building, which is next to Moe's and across the street from Lard Lad Donuts. Other restaurants in this food court (besides Krusty Burger) include The Frying Dutchman, Lisa's Teahouse of Horror, and Luigi's Pizza.
Cletus' Chicken Shack Menu and Prices
The menu at Cletus' Chicken Shack is dominated by fried chicken. The batter on the chicken has a cornflake base. All of the menu items are served with tater tots except for the Double Batter Chicken Platter, which is served with mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and coleslaw. You can substitute applesauce or fresh fruit as a side.
Items on the Cletus' Chicken Shack menu include:
- Chicken Arms (buffalo or BBQ chicken wings): $9.99
- Chicken Thumbs (fried chicken tenders): $9.99
- Chicken and Waffle Sandwich (fried boneless chicken breast): $11.99
- Double Batter Chicken Platter (fried two-piece bone-in chicken): $11.99
- Thrilled To Be Grilled Chicken Sandwich (grilled chicken breast): $10.99
All of these meals can be purchased in a combo with a regular chocolate or vanilla milkshake. Making your meal a combo will cost you $3 to $3.50 more depending on which meal you get. You also have the option of getting a fountain beverage with your meal. Fountain beverages include Coca-Cola products and Buzz Cola, the signature Springfield cola drink (it's a zero-calorie cherry cola).
*Menu prices last updated Feb. 2017
Like many of the other dining options in Springfield, Cletus' Chicken Shack is open from 11:00 a.m. to about one hour before park close.
- The Universal Dining Plan can be used at Cletus' Chicken Shack.
- Drinks do not come with your meal and must be purchased separately unless you get a combo.
- You can get refills for your souvenir soda cup at Cletus' Chicken Shack.
- Outdoor seating is available, but if you sit indoors, you can see the TVs that play clips from The Simpsons on a loop. You'll see each clip at least once - unless you eat really fast!
- The Chicken and Waffle Sandwich comes with maple syrup mayo. Some people say that the sandwich has too much of this unique condiment and others say there isn’t enough. Ask for your maple syrup mayo on the side so you can use as much (or as little) as you want.
- Dipping sauces include honey mustard, BBQ sauce, and blue cheese.
Fun Facts For Simpsons Fans
- Cletus' Chicken Shack almost didn't make it into Springfield. This restaurant was supposed to be called Kentucky Fried Panda, which is the name of the chicken-serving Fast Food Boulevard restaurant on The Simpsons TV show. But Universal feared that the name might offend some people so Kentucky Fried Panda became Cletus' Chicken Shack.
- On episode 202 of The Simpsons, Cletus stated that his favorite food is fresh skunk and raccoon. Knowing this, we're not sure how chicken became the main staple on the Cletus' Chicken Shack menu, but we're glad it did.