Confisco Grille in Universal's Islands of Adventure: Dining Guide and Menu
What Is Confisco Grille?
Confisco Grille is one of two full-service restaurants in Islands of Adventure. (The other is Mythos Restaurant.) Although Confisco is a full-service restaurant, it should not be considered fine dining. The atmosphere is very casual. The Confisco Grille menu is eclectic and includes a range of dishes from various cultures. You can find everything from Mediterranean to Asian food. Prices are slightly higher than the prices at some of the quick service restaurants in the park - but not by much. Confisco Grille also has a children's menu with items that are more kid friendly than the regular menu. For example, kids ages 9 and under can order chicken fingers or a grilled cheese.
Confisco Grille is located in Port of Entry in Universal's Islands of Adventure. It is one of the last things in Port of Entry on the right hand side before you reach Seuss Landing.
Confisco Grille Theming
Port of Entry is meant to look like a port city, and Confisco Grille is supposed to be the customs house (and office where customs duty is collected). The word confisco is Latin for confiscate, and you can find lots of "confiscated items" on shelves throughout the restaurant. Many of these items are clearly confiscated from other islands around Islands of Adventure. Be sure to look around to see if you recognize anything.
Confisco Grille usually opens daily at 11:00 am. Closing time is typically one hour before park close. However, Confisco Grille may close earlier in the day during slow times. Visit Confisco Grille or Guest Services to check opening and closing times on the day you visit.
Confisco Grille Menu With Prices
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip - $7.99 (Mediterranean inspired with savory cheeses, wood oven roasted and served with grilled French bread)
- Loaded Nachos - $9.99 (Crisp tortillas with beef and bean chili, cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, topped with fresh diced tomato, red onion, salsa, chipotle sour cream, guacamole, and jalapenos)
- Hummus (GF, V) - $6.99 (Middle Eastern hummus served with wood oven baked lavosh topped with sesame seeds and olive oil)
- Chicken Quesadilla - $8.99 (Grilled chicken, caramelized onions, cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese in a chipotle tortilla, served with salsa, guacamole and sour cream)
- Moroccan Fried Calamari - $8.99 (Moroccan seasoned and fried with sweet peppers, served with a roasted lemon garlic aioli)
- Chef’s Signature Oven Fire Pizza - $9.99
- Today’s Fresh Soup - $4.99
- Hearty Potato Leek Soup (V) - $4.99 (With bacon and shredded Monterey Jack cheese)
- Trader Wings (GF) - $9.99 (Traditional Buffalo style, teriyaki or Amstel blood orange barbecue)
- Confisco’s Chicken Caesar Salad (GF, V) - $11.99 (Grilled chicken breast, romaine lettuce, tossed with Caesar dressing, garnished with fried pepperoncini and served with a toasted grilled flat bread)
- Greek Salad (GF, V) - $10.99 (Kalamata olives, tomatoes, red onions, feta cheese and cucumbers tossed with romaine lettuce and herb vinaigrette, piled high on grilled flatbread and garnished with fried pepperoncini)
- Southwest Chicken Salad (GF, V) - $12.99 (Grilled fajita chicken tossed over romaine lettuce with tomatoes, cucumbers, roasted corn, crunchy tortilla strips, salsa and tobasco onions; served with chipotle ranch dressing)
- Chicken Curry Chakra - $13.99 (Caribbean spiced chicken curry made with carrots, onions, peppers, and sweet raisins served with coconut jasmine rice from the islands)
- An Adventure in Fajitas - Chicken or Beef $14.99 | Chicken and Beef Combo $16.99 (A sizzling platter of beef, chicken, or combo fajitas. Served with tortillas, cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, lettuce, salsa, guacamole, and sour cream)
- Braised Beef Pappardelle Pasta ( GF ) - $16.99 (Slow-roasted beef, bordelaise cream, tomatoes, white wine, caramelized onions, charred Brussels sprouts, balsamic glaze)
- Guava BBQ Glazed Smoked Ribs - $16.99 (Curried rice, peppers, onions, habanero-lime slaw, crispy yucca, and toasted sesame)
- Pad Thai - $16.99 (Rice noodles stir fried with chicken, shrimp, bean sprouts and peanuts in a mildly spicy sauce)
- Honey-Ginger Glazed Salmon ( GF , V ) - $21.99 (Stir fried vegetables, mushrooms garlic, ginger, jasmine rice, toasted sesame, and crispy wontons)
(Add side salad or cup of soup with any entree for $2.99)
Burgers and Sandwiches
- Traditional Cheeseburger ( GF ) - $13.99 (1/2 pound burger topped with bacon, your choice of American, Swiss or cheddar cheese on a fresh Kaiser roll with lettuce and tomato; served with French fries and a pickle)
- Black n' Blue Burger - $13.99 (1/2 pound burger topped with blue cheese, sautéed port onions and blackened bacon on a challah bun; served with French fries)
- Pico Avocado Burger ( GF ) - $15.99 (Housemade beef patty, chipotle mayo, pico de gallo, pepper jack cheese, crispy avocado micro cilantro. Served on an onion brioche roll with French fries)
- Buffalo Shrimp and Chicken Sandwich - $13.99 (Popcorn shrimp and grilled Buffalo chicken served with ranch dressing, cheese, lettuce, and tomato on a challah bun)
- Original French Dip - $12.99 (Sliced hot roast beef piled high on a toasted French onion loaf with melted provolone cheese and au jus; served with French fries)
- BLT Chicken Sandwich (GF) - $11.99 (Chicken breast with smoked mozzarella, crispy bacon, lettuce, and tomato on a freshly baked Kaiser roll; served with French fries and a pickle)
- Portobello Veggie Wrap (V) - $10.99 (Roasted portobello mushroom with roasted red peppers, caramelized onions, cucumbers, spinach, hummus, and a balsamic glaze; served with fresh corn chips and salsa)
- Chipotle Chicken Wrap ( V ) - $10.99 (Grilled chicken, romaine, cheddar-jack cheese, roasted corn, salsa, chipotle sour cream, fried Tabasco® onions and crispy tortilla chips)
- Croissant Moon Club Sandwich - $11.99 (Smoked turkey breast, crispy bacon, fresh leaf lettuce, tomatoes and balsamic mayonnaise on a fresh croissant with red bliss potato salad and fresh fruit Or 1/2 Sandwich & cup of soup or side salad)
- Penne Pasta - $6.99 (Zesty marinara sauce over penne pasta)
- Cheese Pizza - $6.99
- Pepperoni Pizza - $7.99
- Grlled Cheese - $6.99 (White bread and American cheese; served with orange wedges and sweet corn on the cob)
- Confisco Burger - $6.99 (Grilled burger on a sesame seed bun; served with grapes, applesauce or French fries)
*Menu last updated February 2018. Items marked with (GF) can be made gluten free. Items marked with a (V) can be made vegetarian.
Backwater Bar is a small bar next door to Confisco Grille. It can be accessed from its own entrance or from inside Confisco Grille. Seating is available inside and outside of Backwater Bar. There are lots of drinks to choose from on the Backwater Bar menu. You can also order food from the Confisco Grille menu while you relax inside or outside of Backwater Bar.