Guide to Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley
What Is Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour?
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour is a Harry Potter themed quick service restaurant that serves breakfast (in the morning) and ice cream treats. In the Harry Potter books, Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour has places to sit inside and outside. But in the theme park, that is not the case. There is no dining area. You just take your ice cream and go.
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour is located in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley in Universal Studios Florida. The building is pale yellow and decorated with ice cream cones.
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour Hours
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour opens with the rest of the park and closes one hour before park close.
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour Menu
The Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour menu features continental breakfast items like pastries and scones in the morning. They also sell drinks like Pumpkin Juice, Gillywater, and tea. But the real star of the menu is the ice cream.
Soft Serve Ice Cream Flavors
- Granny Smith
- Orange Marmalade
- Strawberries and Cream
- Toffee Apple
Soft serve ice cream can be purchased in a cup, waffle cone, or souvenir glass dish. Prices are as follows:
- Cup: $5.49
- Cone: $6.49
- Souvenir Dish: $9.99
Hard Pack (Scooped) Ice Cream Flavors
- Apple Crumble
- Chocolate and Raspberry
- Chocolate Chili
- Clotted Cream
- Earl Grey and Lavender
- Salted Caramel Blondie
- Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Strawberry and Peanut Butter
Hard pack ice cream can be purchased in a cup, waffle cone, or souvenir glass dish. Prices are as follows:
- Cup: $5.99
- Cone: $6.99
- Souvenir Glass: $9.99
Sundaes are served with whipped cream and a cherry. Sundae options include:
- Hot Caramel Sundae: $6.99
- Hot Fudge Sundae: $6.99
- Strawberry Sundae: $6.99
- Chocolate Strawberry Peanut-Butter Sundae (hot fudge, whipped cream, and shortbread crumbles in a souvenir sundae glass): $9.99
Toppings can be added to any ice cream treat for $0.79 per topping. Topping options include:
- Hundreds and Thousands
- Waffle Cone Pieces
- Shortbread Crumbles
- Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Nuts
*Menu prices last updated Feb. 2017
- You cannot get free samples at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour.
- A single order of ice cream can include two different flavors (for no extra charge).
- Want to eat like Harry Potter? Get a chocolate and raspberry ice cream with chopped nuts. This was the ice cream treat Hagrid bought for Harry on their first visit to Diagon Alley.
- The queue at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour can get very busy. If you're just going for soft serve Butterbeer ice cream and you don't want to wait in a long line, you should head next door to The Fountain of Fair Fortune, which also sells soft serve Butterbeer ice cream.
Fun Facts About Florean Fortescue for Harry Potter Fans
- Florean Fortescue is the owner of Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. He descends from an ex-Hogwarts Headmaster named Dexter Fortescue.
- In the books, Harry meets Florean Fortescue for the first time in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Florean helps Harry with homework and gives him free ice cream every half hour.
- According to JK Rowling, Florean Fortescue was supposed to play a key role in the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows book. But she decided to give this role in the plot to Phineas Nigellus Black instead.
- You can read more about Florean Fortescue on Pottermore.
More Harry Potter Themed Dining in Universal Orlando
- Three Broomsticks - A quick service restaurant in Hogsmeade.
- Leaky Cauldron - A full service restaurant in Diagon Alley.
- The Hopping Pot - An outdoor counter in Diagon Alley that serves snacks and beverages.
- The Fountain of Fair Fortune - An indoor drink counter that serves beverages and sort serve Butterbeer.