Lone Palm Airport in Universal Orlando CityWalk
The Lone Palm Airport is located on the water across from Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville in Universal CityWalk Orlando.
What Is the Lone Palm Airport?
The Lone Palm Airport is an outdoor tiki bar situated around the Hemisphere Dancer, Jimmy Buffett's personal seaplane. The plane is considered one of the signature attractions of the Orlando location of Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville restaurant. You can find seats at the bar. There are also a handful of umbrella-covered tables nearby.
The Lone Palm Airport serves a few different food items, including chicken bites, wings, shrimp, quesadillas, and pretzel sticks. Not surprisingly, the Lone Palm Airport is better known for its drinks than its food. There are more than a dozen different margaritas to choose from. You can also get shots, Barefoot wines, beer, and boat drinks (like premium fruit daiquiris and the Chocolate Banana Colada). If you're looking for non-alcoholic drinks, you can choose from water, sodas, teas, house-made lemonade, and virgin daiquiris.
Facts About the Hemisphere Dancer
The Hemisphere Dancer weighs roughly 20,000 pounds. It is 60 feet long, about 25 feet tall, and has a wingspan of 80 feet. Jimmy Buffett and his crew used to fly in the plane before it was permanently beached in CityWalk. During one of their more exciting outings, the plane took a few bullets when it was shot at by Jamaican police who mistook Jimmy and his buddies for "doped up cowboys." Read more Hemisphere Dancer facts.
Lone Palm Airport Menu
- Fried Jalapenos (Thin slices of pickled jalapeño with ranch dressing): $5.99
- Warm Pretzel Sticks (Served with mustard sauce and house-made queso): $9.49
- Fried Pickles (Served with barbecue ranch dressing): $9.99
- Conch Fritters (House-made lava lava sauce): $11.99
- Boneless Chicken Bites or Traditional Wings (Choice of Buffalo style, Sweet & Spicy, or Jerk glazed. Celery, carrots, and blue cheese dressing): $12.99
- Lone Palm Nachos (Tortilla chips, salsa verde, cheese, roasted corn salsa, seasoned ground beef, lime crema, fresh guacamole, and jalapeño): $13.99
- Peel and Eat Shrimp (Served hot or cold with Key West cocktail and house-made lava lava sauces): $13.99
- Cuban Sandwich (Ham, pulled pork, Swiss cheese, mustard, sliced pickles; served with French fries): $13.99
- Volcano Dog (Footlong all-beef hot dog, house-made chili, cheese, pico de gallo, fried jalapeño; served with corn chips): $13.99
- Cheeseburger Sliders (3 sliders with American cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, and island sauce; served with French fries): $13.99
- Cheddar BBQ Sliders (3 sliders with cheddar, cheese, Applewood smoked bacon, fried onions, lettuce, BBQ aioli; served with French fries): $14.49
- Crab Cake Sliders (3 sliders with lump crab, house-made lava lava sauce, and island slaw): $14.99
- Florida Grouper Sliders (3 Panko breaded sliders and golden fried, tomato, island slaw, jalapeño tartar sauce; served with French fries): $16.99
Most margaritas cost $10 - $13.
- Grand Spicy Margarita (Tijuana Sweet Heat, Cointreau, agave. lime juice, pinch of cayenne, red peppers)
- Livin' It Up (Sauza Tres Generaciones Añejo tequila (certified organic), Grand Marnier house-made agave margarita mix. Served on the rocks.)
- Mango Margarita (Margaritaville Last Mango tequila, triple sec, orange juice, house margarita mix. Served on the rocks.)
- Mood Ring Margarita (Maestro Dobel tequila, infused with Magic Tea, fresh squeezed lime juice, simple syrup)
- Perfect Margarita (Margaritaville Gold and Silver tequilas, triple sec, orange curacao, lime juice. Served on the rocks.)
- Shark Fin (Corazón Blanco tequila, Del Maguey Crema de Mezcal, pineapple juice, house margarita blend)
- Tropical Fruit Margarita (Margaritaville Gold tequila, triple sec, and your choice of strawberry, mango, or raspberry. Served frozen.)
- Uptown Margarita (Margaritaville Gold tequila, Cointreau, house margarita blend, topped with Gran Gala float)
- Watermelon Margarita (Margaritaville Silver tequila, triple sec, watermelon purée, house-made agave margarita mix)
- Who's to Blame (Margaritaville Gold tequila, triple sec, house margarita mix. Served on the rocks.)
Boat Drinks on the Rocks
Most boat drinks cost $10 - $12.
- 5 O'Clock Somewhere (Margaritaville Silver rum and Paradise Passion Fruit tequila, BACARDI 151 rum, orange and pineapple juices, sweet and sour, grenadine)
- Bahama Mama (Margaritaville Spiced and Coconut rums, Cruzan Aged Dark rum, créme de banana, pineapple and orange juices, grenadine)
- Incommunicado (Margaritaville Gold tequila and Silver rum, vodka, gin, triple sec, sweet & sour, cranberry and pineapple juices, grenadine)
- Passion Fruit Guava Cocktail (Margaritaville Paradise Passion Fruit and Silver tequilas, guava purée, house-made sweet and sour)
- Planters Punch (Appleton VX rum, Sailor Jerry Spiced rum, house-made sweet & sour, pineapple juice, pomegranate, dash of bitters)
- Zombie (Margaritaville Silver rum, BACARDI 151 rum, apricot brandy, house-made sweet & sour, orange, pineapple juices)
Frozen Boat Drinks
Most frozen boat drinks cost $10 - $11.
- Bama Breeze (Cruzan Vanilla rum, Margaritaville Silver rum, orange juice, coconut and mango purée)
- Chocolate Banana Colada (Pinnacle Chocolate Whipped vodka, 99 bananas, Myers's Dark Rum topper, coconut purée)
- Don't Stop the Carnival (Margaritaville Silver rum blended with strawberry, banana and mango purée)
- Premium Fruit Daiquiris (Conch Republic Light rum and your choice of any fruit purée: strawberry, raspberry, mango, banana, or piña colada)
- Rum Runner (Margaritaville Silver rum, blended with blackberry and banana purées, topped with, Myers's Dark Rum)
Most draft beers cost $7 - $9.
- Landshark Lager
- Blue Moon
- Bud Light
American Premium Bottled Beer
Most American bottled beers cost about $7.
- Bud Light
- Coors Light
- Miller Light
- Pabst Blue Ribbon
Craft and Imported Bottled Beer
Most craft and imported bottled beers cost about $8.
- Angry Orchard Hard Cider
- Corona Light
- Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
- Full Sail Session
- Landshark Lager
- Michelob Ultra
- Red Stripe
- Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
- Stella Artois
Review of Lone Palm Airport
Lone Palm Airport is a nice spot to take a break as you're moving through CityWalk. The music that they play (expect a lot of Jimmy Buffett tunes) has a laid-back vibe and really makes you feel like you're on vacation. This impression is magnified when you're sipping on tiki drinks and watching the crowd walk by. Lone Palm Airport is really easy to find in CityWalk, making it a great place to meet up with friends if you are heading into the theme parks, particularly Islands of Adventure.
Map the Lone Palm Airport
Lone Palm Airport is easy to spot on this Universal CityWalk map. It's shaped like a plane! You can also identify it by finding the number 30.