Pat O'Brien's in Universal CityWalk Orlando
What Is Pat O'Brien's?
Pat O'Brien's is a famous drinking spot in the French Quarter of New Orleans. The Pat O'Brien's location in Universal Orlando is a replica of the New Orleans hot spot, complete with courtyard dining and a Flaming Fountain patio. The big draw of Pat O'Brien's (other than the big yummy drinks) is the Piano Bar, which provides nightly entertainment and opportunities for drunken sing-alongs. From opening time until about 8:30, a single piano player performs; another player joins in after this time, and the pianos duel until closing time.
The Pat O'Brien's menu has a lot of Louisiana-style cuisine. Some examples include Cajun appetizers, Creole Chicken, Jambalaya, Louisiana Blackened Redfish, and Crawfish Etouffee. You can also get a N'awlins Po'Boy and a Bag of Beignets if you really want to feel like you're in New Orleans. Although there is plenty of food, Pat O'Brien's is probably most well-known for their drinks, particularly the world famous Pat O'Brien's Hurricane, a mixture of 151 rum and hurricane mix. This specialty drink is quite large and is served in a souvenir glass with the Pat O'Brien's logo on it.
Pat O'Brien's Discounts
You can use your Universal Orlando annual pass to get discounts at Pat O'Brien's. Preferred Pass holders save 10 percent; Premier Pass holders save 15 percent.
There is a $7 cover charge to get in after 9:00 pm. This cover charge is waived for on-site hotel guests and visitors with a CityWalk Party Pass.
Meetings, events, and special parties can be booked at Pat O'Brien's by calling 1-888-266-2121 or visiting the Universal Orlando meetings and events page.
When to Visit
Pat O'Brien's is open every single night from 4:00 pm to 2:00 am. You should visit before 9:00 pm to avoid the cover charge. You have to be at least 21 years old to visit the Piano Bar after 9:00 pm.
Reservations are not required at Pat O'Brien's on most nights, but they can be made by calling 407-224-FOOD (3663). The restaurant recommends not making reservations more than one month in advance of your visit.
Pat O'Brien's Menu With Prices
- Cajun Garlic Shrimp (Crispy shrimp, garlic sauce, fresh slaw): $8.95
- Crawfish Dip (Blend of crawfish, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, fresh jalapeños, melted provolone cheese, tortilla chips): $10.95
- Pat O'Brien's Wings (Crispy wings, signature sauce, blue cheese, celery): $10.95
- Blackened Chicken Nachos (Tortilla chips, chicken breast, red beans, Cajun cheese sauce, tomatoes, fresh jalapeños, scallions, shredded cheddar, sour cream): $12.95
- Combo Platter (Wings, Cajun garlic shrimp, crawfish dip, onion rings): $15.95
Soups & Salads
- Mardi Gras Gumbo (Rich with New Orleans flavors, topped with white rice and shrimp): $5.95
- Blackened Chicken Caesar (Romaine lettuce, blackened chicken breast, crispy Tabasco onions): $12.95
- Shrimp Cobb Salad (Crispy shrimp, avocado, egg, tomato, cucumbers, blue cheese, bacon, Louisiana ranch dressing): $12.95
All sandwiches are served with seasoned fries. Onion rings can be substituted for $1.95.
- N'awlins Shrimp Po'Boy (Crispy shrimp, Cajun mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickles, hoagie roll): $9.95
- Chicken Sandwich (Blackened chicken breast, cheddar cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, Cajun mayo, toasted challah bun): $10.95
- Courtyard Cheeseburger (Beef patty, lettuce, tomato, pickle, choice of cheese, toasted challah bun): $10.95
- Vegetarian Black Bean Burger (Black bean patty, lettuce, tomato, pickle, cheddar cheese, toasted challah bun): $10.95
- Muffaletta (Salami, mortadella, ham, provolone, and Swiss cheese, olive tapenade, muffaletta bread): $12.95
- Voodoo Burger (Beef patty, andouille, crispy shrimp, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, toasted challah bun): $13.45
- Vegetable Jambalaya (White rice, corn, bell peppers, okra, onion, black eyed peas, zucchini, squash creole sauce): $12.95
- Cajun Mac N Cheese (Penne pasta, blackened chicken, shrimp, Cajun cheese sauce): $13.95
- Creole Chicken (Blackened chicken breast, rice, red beans, creole sauce): $13.95
- Crawfish Etouffee (New Orleans sauce, andouille sausage, crawfish, white rice): $15.95
- Jambalaya (Slow cooked Cajun rice, andouille sausage, shrimp, chicken, Creole sauce): $15.95
- Shrimp & Grits (Blackened shrimp, andouille sausage, grits, cream, parmesan cheese): $16.95
- Bayou Blackened Redfish (Fresh redfish, red beans, rice, seasonal vegetables, muffaletta butter): $17.95
- Coppertop Steak (Beef medallions, house made mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, crispy Tabasco onions, gravy): $17.95
- Garden Salad: $3.95
- Seasonal Vegetables: $3.95
- Red Beans & Rice: $3.95
- Mashed Potatoes: $3.95
- Bag O' Beignets (New Orleans style doughnuts, powdered sugar, chocolate dipping sauce): $4.95
- Bread Pudding (Homemade bread pudding, vanilla ice cream, cinnamon): $5.95
- Strawberry Hurricane Cheesecake (New York Style Cheesecake, Hurricane strawberry sauce): $5.95
Sides include apple sauce, grapes, and seasoned fries
- Chicken Fingers (Crispy tenders, choice of side): $6.99
- Cheeseburger (Beef patty, lettuce, tomato, sesame seed bun, choice of side): $6.99
- Mac & Cheese (Penne pasta, cheese sauce, choice of side): $6.99
- Grilled Chicken (Grilled chicken breast, white rice, choice of side): $6.99
- Grilled Shrimp (Grilled jumbo shrimp, white rice, choice of side): $6.99
- Pat O'Brien's Hurricane (The house specialty made with Pat O'Brien's 151 rum and Hurricane mix served in a souvenir glass)
- Category 5 Margarita (1800 Reposado tequila, orange curaçao, orange juice and a splash of Hurricane mix)
- Pat O's Rainstorm (Van Gogh vodka, Midori melon liqueur, Don Q coconut rum, pineapple juice and blue curaçao)
- Blood Mary (Russian Standard vodka, Pat O'Brien's Bloody Mary mix, garnished with beef jerky straw, bacon slices and romaine lettuce stalk)
- Typhoon (Russian Standard vodka, Chambord, peach schnapps, cranberry and pineapple juice)
- Mint Julep (Buffalo Trace bourbon and simple syrup muddled with fresh mint)
- Fuzzy Leprechaun (Tito's vodka, peach schnapps, blue curaçao, orange and pineapple juice)
- Pat O's Lemonade (Pat O'Brien's Hurricane Rum, Bacardi O Orange rum, grenadine and sour mix)
- Tropical Depression (Van Gogh vodka, Don Q coconut rum, Southern Comfort, crème de almond, orange and pineapple juice)
*Menu prices last updated January 2018.
Pat O'Brien's Review
We've had a lot of fun at Pat O'Brien's and consider it a good place to get something to eat or drink. We like the Crawfish Dip as an appetizer and the Bag O' Beignets for dessert. The last time we had the Bread Pudding, it was covered in an obscene amount of cinnamon, but that may have been a kitchen accident. The drinks here can be really strong, so keep that in mind as you are throwing them back.
Our favorite thing about Pat O'Brien's is the Piano Bar. The piano players are very talented and take requests all night long. It is fun when the crowd knows the song and sings along. Although there is no charge to request a song, the piano players do appreciate tips. You can show your appreciation by slipping something into the tip jar they keep near the piano.
Shop Pat O'Brien's Online
If you find yourself missing the drinks at Pat O'Brien's once you return home, you can order drink mixes from Pat O'Brien's online. Most mixes, including the world famous hurricane mix, can be purchased for about $5.00. Other items in the online shop include apparel, glassware, souvenirs, and gift cards.
Pat O'Brien's Image Gallery
See pictures of the bars, seating, and outdoor patio at Pat O'Brien's.
Map Pat O'Brien's
This Universal CityWalk Orlando map makes it easy to find Pat O'Brien's. Just look for number 03 on the map.