The Frying Dutchman Menu, Prices, and Dining Guide
The Frying Dutchman Description
The Frying Dutchman is a quick service restaurant in the Springfield section of Universal Studios Florida in Orlando. It is named after a restaurant of the same name on The Simpsons TV show.
The Frying Dutchman is located inside the Krusty Burger building in Springfield, which also houses several other restaurants including Krusty Burger, Cletus' Chicken Shack, Luigi's Pizza, and Lisa's Teahouse of Horror.
The Frying Dutchman opens daily at 11:00 a.m. Closing times vary depending on the day, but this restaurant is usually open until about one hour before Universal Studios Florida closes.
The Frying Dutchman Menu and Prices
The Frying Dutchman isn't an all-you-can-eat restaurant like it is on The Simpsons TV show, but it does have an all-seafood menu. Every meal (except for the Clam Chowd-arr) comes with tater tots, a hushpuppy, and homemade cocktail sauce or tarter sauce. You can substitute apple sauce or fresh fruit as a side.
Items on The Frying Dutchman menu include:
- Basket O' Bait (deep fried cod, calamari, and coconut crusted shrimp): $15.99
- Battered and Plattered Fish: (deep fried battered cod) $13.99
- Basket O' Shrimp (deep fried coconut crusted shrimp): $11.99
- Basket O' Calamari (deep fried breaded calamari): $9.99
- Clam Chowd-arr (creamy soup made from ocean clams): $3.99
A drink does not come with your meal at The Frying Dutchman, but you can add drinks to your order. The Frying Dutchman has fountain Coca-Cola beverages, Buzz Cola (signature Springfield zero-calorie cherry cola), and chocolate and vanilla milkshakes.
*Menu prices last updated Feb. 2017
Tips for Dining at The Frying Dutchman
- The Frying Dutchman is part of a Springfield themed food court on Fast Food Boulevard. You'll order your food at The Frying Dutchman counter and then move to a central register (that handles all Springfield restaurant customers) to pay. This makes it easy for people in the same party to order food from different Springfield restaurants and still be able to pay and eat together.
- Indoor seating is available in the Krusty Burger dining area and in Moe's Bar.
- Clips from The Simpsons TV show play on a loop in the indoor dining areas.
- Outdoor seating is also available. Outdoor tables have umbrellas.
- The Frying Dutchman accepts the Universal Dining Plan.
- The Frying Dutchman will provide soda refills for your souvenir cup.
Fun Facts About The Frying Dutchman for Simpsons Fans
- The Frying Dutchman is named after a legendary ghost ship called the Flying Dutchman.
- The Frying Dutchman is owned by Captain Horatio McCallister, also known as The Sea Captain.
- Conan O'Brien, who wrote for The Simpsons before appearing on late night television, is credited with creating the Captain McCallister character.
- Bumblebee Man is Captain McCallister's neighbor.
- Homer nearly bankrupted The Frying Dutchman after taking advantage of the restaurant's all-you-can-eat policy.