Guide to Dining at Thunder Falls Terrace in Jurassic Park
Thunder Falls Terrace Description
Thunder Falls Terrace is quick service restaurant in Jurassic Park with a dinosaur theme. The menu has traditional theme park fare like burgers, turkey legs, fries, and milkshakes, but you can also get BBQ ribs, rotisserie chicken, fresh roasted corn on the cob, and other items that make you feel like you are getting a "real" meal in the park.
Thunder Falls Terrace is located in Jurassic Park in Universal's Islands of Adventure. Look for it near Jurassic Park River Adventure.
Thunder Falls Terrace Hours
Hours can vary. Thunder Falls Terrace usually opens at 11:00 a.m. and closes about one hour before park close.
Thunder Falls Terrace has indoor and outdoor seating. If you sit inside near the windows on the right side, you get a view of the end portion of the Jurassic Park River Adventure ride, which means you get to see riders getting drenched in a pool of water after plummeting down an 85-foot waterfall. For an even closer view, sit on the outdoor patio just steps away from the "splash zone."
Thunder Falls Terrace Menu
Combos are served with a milkshake.
- Rotisserie Chicken (rotisserie chicken, roasted potatoes, and roasted corn): $12.99
- Rotisserie Chicken Combo (rotisserie chicken, roasted potatoes, and roasted corn): $15.99 (UD)
- Chargrilled Ribs (ribs with mango BBQ sauce, roasted potatoes, and roasted corn): $16.99 (UD)
- Chicken & Ribs (rotisserie chicken, mango BBQ glazed ribs, roasted potatoes, and roasted corn): $15.99 (UD)
- Smoked Turkey Leg and French Fries: $14.99 (UD)
- Bacon Cheeseburger: $11.99
- Bacon Cheeseburger and French Fries Combo: $15.29 (UD)
- Chicken Wrap (grilled chipotle tortilla rolled with crispy vegetables, BBQ sauce, cheddar cheese, and rotisserie chicken): $10.69
- Chicken Wrap Combo (grilled chipotle tortilla rolled with crispy vegetables, BBQ sauce, cheddar cheese, and rotisserie chicken): $14.29 (UD)
- Rotisserie Chicken Salad (rotisserie chicken, green vegetables, and citrus vinaigrette): $9.99 (UD)
- Mixed Green Salad: $3.99 (UD)
Sides and Soups
- Seasoned French Fries: $2.99 (UD)
- Fresh Roasted Corn: $3.49 (UD)
- Herb Roasted Potatoes: $2.89 (UD)
- Black Beans: $1.59 (UD)
- Yellow Rice: $1.59 (UD)
- Cream of Chicken Soup: $3.49 (UD)
- Tortilla and Roasted Tomato Soap: $3.49 (UD)
- Banana Creme Tart: $4.99 (UD)
- Signature Key Lime Cheesecake: $4.89 (UD)
- Tropical Fruit Cup: $3.79 (UD)
- Brookie Cake: $3.99 (UD)
- Vanilla Milkshake: $3.99 (UD)
- Chocolate Milkshake: $3.99 (UD)
- Fountain Soda: $3.29 (UD)
- Powerade Mountain Berry Blast: $3.99 (UD)
- Powerade Fruit Punch: $3.99 (UD)
- Nestle Pure Life Water: $2.99 (UD)
- Milk: $2.69 (UD)
- Coffee: $2.49 (UD)
- Hot Tea: $2.49 (UD)
- Hot Chocolate: $2.49 (UD)
- Miller Lite: $7.99
- Miller Lite Souvenir Pilsner: $10.49 (Refill $6.99)
- Budweiser: $7.99
- Budweiser Souvenir Pilsner: $10.49 (Refill $6.99)
- Blue Moon: $8.99
- Blue Moon Souvenir Pilsner: $11.99 (Refill $7.99)
- Chardonnay: $7.00
- White Zinfandel: $7.00
- Merlot: $7.00
*Menu prices last updated February 2018. You can use the Universal Dining Plan on items marked with UD.
Reasons to Eat at Thunder Falls Terrace
- Thunder Falls Terrace has better food than most of the quick service restaurants in Islands of Adventure.
- Some of the plates at Thunder Falls Terrace are shareable. For example, it is relatively easy for two people to share the Chicken and Ribs Platter and have an affordable meal.
- The restaurant is nicely themed. There are plants, dinosaur statues, and even themed light fixtures to make you feel like you really are dining in Jurassic Park.