Wimpy's in Universal's Islands of Adventure
What Is Wimpy's?
Wimpy's is a quick service burger joint in Toon Lagoon. The restaurant was inspired by Wimpy, one of the characters in the Popeye comic strip. Menu items consist primarily of burgers and fires. All of the seating at Wimpy's is outdoors. While you're there, be sure to stop by the Wimpy's photo op. You'll be able to get a picture of yourself in front of a giant pile of burgers.
Wimpy's is located in the Sweethaven section of Toon Lagoon in Universal's Islands of Adventure.
Wimpy's is a seasonal restaurant, which is code for "this place is rarely open." You shouldn't plan on being able to eat here, especially during slow times of the year. However, if you are lucky enough to find it open, service usually begins at 11:00 am. Closing times vary depending on park hours. If Wimpy's isn't open, you may want to head over to the Captain America Diner, which has a very similar menu. You can also visit some of the other dining options in Toon Lagoon, including Cathy's Ice Cream, Comic Strip Cafe, and Blondie's.
Wimpy's Menu With Prices
- Bacon Cheeseburger With Fries - $11.79
- Bacon Cheeseburger Combo With Fries and Apple Pie (UD) - $14.29
- Cheeseburger With Fries - $10.49
- Cheeseburger Combo With Fries and Apple Pie (UD) - $12.99
- Chicken Fingers With Fries - $9.99
- Chicken Fingers Combo With Fries and Apple Pie (UD) - $12.49
- Chili Cheese Fries (UD) - $4.99
- French Fries (UD) - $2.99
- Onion Rings (UD) - $3.89
- Apple Pie Slice (UD) - $2.99
- Icee (UD) - $4.69
- Fountain Soda (UD) - $3.29
- Powerade (UD) - $3.99
- Bottled Water (UD) - $2.99
- Miller Lite - $7.99
- Coors Light - $7.99
- Heineken - $7.99
*Menu prices updated February 2018. Items marked with (UD) are eligible for the Universal Dining Plan.
Fun Facts About Wimpy
- Wimpy was a major character in the original Popeye comic strip in newspapers, but was considered "too intellectual" for the animated cartoons on TV, so he was downgraded to a minor character.
- Wimpy loves to eat hamburgers, but frequently tries to get someone to buy it for him or give him a burger on credit.
- Wimpy's original catch phrase was: "Cook me up a hamburger. I'll pay you Thursday." But it eventually morphed into: "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."